1. Group Meditation Sessions: 2,9,16,23 Oct Aug 2016 (Sun), 9.30 am – 6.30pm
2. Uposatha Observance of 9 Precepts cum Retreat: 1, 9, 16 Oct 2016 at 10 am
3. SMC 12th Kathina Robe Offering Ceremony on 30 Oct, Sunday, 9 am
Venue: HDB shelter Block 350, Canberra Road (opp Sembawang MRT)
We are happy to invite you to our 12th Kathina Robe Offering Ceremony on 30 October 2016, Sunday at 9 am. Our meditation teacher and advisor, Sayadaw U Rajinda is currently residing at SMC for the three-month vassa period. The ceremony will be held at the HDB shelter, Block 350, Canberra Road (opposite Sembawang MRT station – exit Entrance C). Devotees who wish to offer Kathina robes and requisites to the Sangha are welcome to participate in this meritorious offering ceremony. Robes will be available for offering at the shelter.
Programme on 30 Oct 2016 (Sun)
8.45 am All sponsors to be seated
9 am The Venerable Sangha take their seats
Taking of 5 precepts by the devotees
Offering of Kathina robes and requisites by the main sponsor
followed by devotees
Sharing of Merits
11 am End of Ceremony
Sanghika lunch dana at the centre
Lunch for all devotees at HDB shelter, Block 350
For those who are driving, we would appreciate if you could park your car at the multi-storey car park, Block 351, Canberra Road.
Thank you for your co-operation.
4. Pindapata (alms food offering): 30 Oct 2016, , Sunday, 9 am – 9.15 am at
Chong Pang Market, Yishun Ring Road
5. Youth Retreat: 22 – 26 Nov 2016
6. Birthday Celebration: 27 Nov 2016, Sunday, 10 am
We invite all devotees to join us in the birthday celebration of our Religious Advisor, Sayadaw U Rajinda on 27 Nov, Sunday morning at 10 am. Please join us for a lunch treat of Burmese Laksa-Mohinga and other delicious food.